I had to share this recipe today because it’s going on my meal plan for this week actually! It’s a real good one. I don’t miss the pasta at ALL. I originally shared this during the summer, but am re-sharing it because it is perfection year round. Put this on your meal plan for next week, now! Take my word for it.
Must get this recipe up before summer’s over. Must get this recipe up before summer’s over. Must get this recipe up before summer’s over.
OOPS! I FAILED.
Summer and fall are my two favorite seasons, so I’m savoring the last of the warm weather, but enjoying the occasional opportunity to enjoy open windows and feel the breeze. I was initially stubborn and resistant, but I’m finally getting on board with the boots and a fall decoration or two. That being said, I’m still making the most of the last of my zucchini.
Not that you can’t find zucchini’s year round and lasagna is GREAT for cooler weather.
This recipe is a must try.
If you try any of my recipes, this might be the one. I’ve made it a few times now and it’s so good. I might, maybe love it more than regular lasagna. That says a LOT because I looove lasagna.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Scoop centers of zucchini out with a small spoon careful not to break zucchini.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, parsley, and parmesan in small bowl.
- Brown ground beef, seasoning with salt, pepper. Drain oil from beef mixture.
- Add garlic and marinara sauce to beef.
- Brush zucchini with olive oil on all sides.
- Evenly place a layer of the ricotta mixture, then meat sauce and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 20 minutes.